November 30, 2021
D E C I S I O N
For general and specific measures to control, prevent and combat COVID-19 pandemic
The Decision of the Government of Republic of Kosovo on general and specific measures for controlling, preventing and fighting COVID-19 pandemics, also contains the following points related to the entry and exit of domestic and foreign citizens inside and outside the territory of the Republic of Kosovo:
A. [Territorial application]
- This decision shall apply to the entire territory of the Republic of Kosovo.
B. [Entries and exits of foreign citizens to and from the Republic of Kosovo]
- Every person who enters the Republic of Kosovo shall possess one of the following evidence:
2.1 Vaccination certificate for complete vaccination (with two doses) against COVID-19;
2.2 Vaccination certificate for single dose vaccination, not older than four (4) weeks, together with a negative RT-PCR test for COVID-19, not older than 48 hours;
2.3 Vaccination certificate for single dose vaccination together with the evidence that the person has passed COVID-19 (positive RT-PCR test issued not less than 21 days and not more than 180 days).
- From 3 January 2022, for all persons entering the Republic of Kosovo will apply only the evidence according to point 2.1 of this Decision.
- Citizens of the Republic of Kosovo, as well as persons with temporary or permanent residence permits in Kosovo, who do not possess any of the evidence according to points 2.1 to 2.3 and seek to enter the territory of the Republic of Kosovo shall be given the opportunity to be vaccinated by mobile teams located at the border crossing point PIA "Adem Jashari" (for those entering by air) and at the border crossing points in Vërmicë, Merdare, Dheu i Bardhë, Hani i Elezit (for those entering by land).
- The following persons are released from the requirement to possess any of the evidence according to points 2.1 to 2.3:
5.1 Persons entering Kosovo via an airport or land border crossing point and leaving Kosovo within three (3) hours via an airport or land border crossing point, provided that at the entrance they sign a statement that they will leave Kosovo within three (3) hours;
5.2 Persons working as professional transporters (drivers), provided they adhere to the international transport protocol for protection against COVID-19;
5.3 Citizens of the Republic of Kosovo who have left Kosovo in the last 12 hours;
5.4 Foreign citizens passing through Kosovo by organized bus transport or regular international transit line, provided that they sign a statement that they will leave the territory of Kosovo within five (5) hours;
5.5 Foreign diplomats accredited in Kosovo;
5.6 Persons under the age of twelve (12) years;
5.7 Persons with medical evidence who have scientifically proven contraindications to vaccination. Such persons shall submit a negative RT-PCR test for COVID-19, not older than 48 hours.
For further information, please read the GOVERNMENT DECISION on measures against the COVID-19 pandemic. Also, please see the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDP) webpage if your country is on the list of high-risk.